Klamath County Air Quality Advisory
|4/18/2015 - The air quality advisory from noon today until noon 4/20/2015 is Green.|
TODAY Sunday April 19, 2015 IS THE LAST DAY OF THE SPRING OPEN BURN WINDOW! Have all fires OUT by 7 PM today.
Tomorrow, Monday April 20, 2015, all outdoor burning will be prohibited inside the air quality zone.
The 2015 Spring Open Burn Window for the Air Quality Zone began Saturday April 4th and ends Sunday April 19th. Check www.klamathair.org for further information. Call each day to make sure it is a green day prior to burning.
THE AQ ADVISORY FROM NOON Sunday April 19, 2015 TO NOON, Monday April 20, 2015 IS GREEN.
The Green Advisory Call means:
Both WITHIN and outside of THE AQ ZONE, ALL WOODSTOVES, PELLET STOVES AND FIREPLACES MAY BE USED.
OUTDOOR OR OPEN BURNING is ALLOWED both INSIDE and outside of THE AIR QUALITY ZONE.
BURN Only residential yard waste, such as tree limbs, brush, and leaves and do not burn trash.
If you have Air Quality questions or have a question about an exemption to use your woodstove on Red or Yellow Advisory Days CALL US @ 883-5118. Thank you for calling!
ONLY USE SEASONED DRY WOOD IN YOUR WOODSTOVES.
For a map of the Air Quality Zone and other information, CONSULT OUR WEBSITE AT then
http://www.klamathcounty.org/ click on Environmental Health.
As allowed by the Klamath County Air Quality Ordinance, the 2015 Spring Open Burn Window within the Klamath County Air Quality Zone will start on Saturday, April 4, 2015 at 8:00 a.m. and will end Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 7:00 pm.
Public Health requirements for clean air are:
1. The Air Quality Advisory must be “GREEN”. Find out the daily advisory by calling 541-882-BURN (2876).
2. Only residential yard waste, such as tree limbs, brush, and leaves may be burned.
3. All burning must occur between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm and be fully extinguished by 5:00 pm.
4. No trash, plastic, rubber, tar, petroleum products, treated or painted wood may be burned.
5. The use of Burn Barrels is prohibited.
6. The burning of commercial, construction, demolition or industrial waste is not included in this burn window. Burning for these purposes requires a special permit from the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality; contact Bonnie Hough at the DEQ office in Bend at (541) 633-2016.
7. Agricultural burning inside the Air Quality Zone is prohibited without a certificate of variance.
Fire District requirements for public safety are:
1. The wind must be between 4 to 10 mph. For wind speed call 883-8127.
2. There must be a pressurized water hose at the fire site at all times.
3. A responsible adult must be present at the fire from the first flame until the fire is extinguished.
4. The burn pile shall be no larger than 6 feet in diameter and 4 feet high.
5. There must be a six-foot clear area surrounding the base of the pile and the pile must be at least 20 feet from combustible fences and buildings.
6. The person conducting any burning is responsible for damage and the cost of an out of control burn as well as traffic problems and other hazards caused by the smoke.
The Open Burn Window may be cancelled at any time due to Air Quality or Fire Hazard conditions.
Check with your local Fire District or the City of Klamath Falls (inside the city limits) for additional restrictions.
Klamath County Fire District #1 885-2056 Klamath County Fire District 4 884-1670
Klamath County Environmental Health 883-1122
City of Klamath Falls Code Enforcement 883-5358
Air Quality Advisory Committee:
© 2015, Klamath County